The South West Whippet Club Championship Show
Sunday February 18th 2018
I am so grateful to the Officers and Committee of this Club having invited me to judge the ‘special classes’ at their recent Championship Show. I was delighted to receive such an excellent entry and thoroughly enjoyed my time spent at this super venue and efficiently managed show. Thank you.
Special Award Yearling Dog/Bitch 13,3
1. Andrew & Rees’s Kierpark Hello Love, Just out of puppy this well-proportioned fawn/brindle/ white parti presents an imposing outline. Balanced head and neck, good infill. She has clean straight front legs, a slight spring in those secure pasterns, neat feet and elbows correctly placed. Deep brisket. Lengthy back with impressive sturdy loins giving a graceful arch. Strongest of hindquarters. Her movement was impressive being free supporting a long easy stride, aided by powerful rear drive. Movement was spot on in all directions. This class was a very close call between two very impressive but very different breed types.
2. Cahill & Timerblake’s Chipperlake Stowaway. A really pretty, feminine golden fawn that fills the eye. Beautifully balanced throughout with an unexaggerated curvy outline and ideal underline. I loved her head qualities; having an expression which screams ‘gorgeous’! Lengthy arched neck to compliment. Deep chest, clean straight front legs, secure springy pasterns. Oval well arched feet. Presented in superb condition Moved well.
3. Gower’s Courtbridge Storm Warning
Special Award Open 13,2
1. Wood’s Ardencote Aiming High. Handled to perfection by her young handler, this attractive curvy feminine bitch presents such an elegant outline. Correct length of neck, dark lively eye, beautifully balanced appealing head. She has a flowing topline and complimentary underline. Her impressive construction consists of a correct lay of shoulder, deep brisket, well-muscled broad thighs and strong hocks well let down. It was not surprising therefore, that her movement was exemplary.
2. Bayley’s Whisterfield Je Ne sais Quoi. Very similar in type to 1. Nicely proportioned, excels in head qualities. Impressive on the stand having a super overall length. Deep brisket, curvy outline. Could not match the superb performance of 1 on the move. Beautifully presented having lovely skin and coat and sympathetically handled.
3. Wayman’s Speymalt Northern Star JW
Tony Allcock MBE